Sunday, October 16, 2011

We're Not the First, I Hope We're Not the Last

Hey gang. I want to let everyone know that this is going to be the last Out of Step Podcast. It has been great for the last few months and thanks so much for listening and spreading the word. It is a bittersweet ending for me, but I really think it is the right thing to do. When I took the show to the podcast realm, I knew it would be more work than when we were on the radio. We were basically putting everything together on our own and this meant that everything was a bit more work. I'll save the gory details and just say that the main reason is that to do the show I want to do. That is to say, a show that is full of interviews, live bands and that is entertaining for you as a listener has just become far too time consuming for me at this point. I love the show, I love the music, and especially love the listeners, but I firmly believe that if I can't do a show that is up to my quality and content standards, I don't want to do one at all. I don't think that the quality has dropped, but I could see that it was going to sometime soon, at least from where I am sitting. Like I said, the amount of work and time commitment has just gotten to be more than I can handle. So, I want to say thanks to the bands, sponsors, and of course, the listeners for coming along for the podcast. I know I'll miss it alot, so thanks for making it worth doing for all these years.

Download this week's show HERE

It is a bit longer show this time as I wanted to squeeze in alot of my favorites. We had a good time making it, so I hope you enjoy it. Thanks again for all the support!

Off With Their Heads - Theme Song – Hospitals – Rock Bottom
Dillinger Four – Folks Song – Situationist Comedy – Fat
Mean Jeans – Total Creep – Are Your Serious? – Dirtnap
The Lillingtons – Lillington High – Lillington High – Clearview
The Queers – Born to Do Dishes – Don’t Back Down – Lookout!
Screeching Weasel – My Brain Hurts – My Brain Hurts – Looout!
Ex Humans – Islands – Ex Humans – Rob’s House
Carbonas – Didn’t Tell You a Lie – Carbonas – Goner
The Busy Signals – Kiss and Tell – The Busy Signals – Dirtnap
Beat Beat Beat – Don’t Tell Me Now – Living in the Future – Alien Snatch
The Bronx - Heart Attack American – The Bronx – White Drugs
Turbonegro – Selfdestructo Bust – Apocalypse Dudes - Bitzcore
The Riverboat Gamblers - The Art Of Getting Fucked Over – Backsides – Vile Beat
The Devil Dogs – Baby I’m a King – 30 Sizziling Slabs - Crypt
Ratsia – Elämän Syke - Elämän Syke – Svart
Eppu Normaali – Jee Jee – Jee Jee – Combat Rock Industry
Troublemakers – Mammas Flickor – Göteborg – Höhnie
Slime – Störtebeker - Alle Gegen Alle – Aggressive Rockproduktionen
Kakka-Hätä 77 - Vuosisadan Rakkaustarina - Huoltoasemalle Unohdettu Mies – Stupido
Idle Hands - Make It Better – Postponed – Hardware
No Hope for the Kids – Kolyma – No Hope for the Kids – Kick n Punch
Dean Dirg – Can’t Tell Me – Raus! – Six Feet Under
The Marked Men – We Wont Talk About it – Marked Men – Rip Off
MOTO – Gonna Get Drunk Tonight – Raw Power – Criminal IQ
Vee Dee – TV Police – Further – Criminal IQ
Tranzmitors – Look What You’re Doing To Me - Look What You’re Doing To Me – Deranged
The Exploding Hearts - I'm a Pretender – Guitar Romantic – Dirtnap
Cleveland Bound Death Sentence – Baltimore - Cleveland Bound Death Sentence – THD
Mr. T Experience – I Just Wanna Do it With You – Love is Dead – Lookout
The Soviettes – Go Lambs Go! – Soviettes – Adeline
Cock Sparrer – We’re Coming Back – Shock Troops – Pirate Press

No comments:

Post a Comment